This weekend was fairly productive. Saturday morning I set out to get the rest of the drawers dovetailed and bottoms cut. It was a good plan but Murphy had other plans for me that day. I was able to get most of the sides cut and grooved when I ran out of 1/2” poplar with one side left to cut and 3 backs needed. Luckily I have plenty of 3/4” poplar cut offs laying around that all was needed was to thickness one of them and cut the rest of what I needed.
That went well until I cut all the backs the wrong sizes (cut them all the same size when only 2 of the 5 are the same size… )
So it was off to find another cut off and thickness it again and cut the rest of the backs. This took up a little more than half the day so only one drawer was finished that day..
Today went much better. With everything already cut to size it was just a matter of cutting some dovetails.
As things went on a rhythm was found and I now have 5 nearly complete drawers.
These now need to be glued and get some maple trim made for the outside edges. I also need to fashion some pulls for them.
Stay tuned for more. Thanks for reading!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"