Welp, today I got started on the doors for the cabinet. First though while the wife and I were at our local dollar store I grabbed a couple sheets of foam project panels to use as a layout planner for the interior spaces. This will help to show how the cabinet is divided up better I think.
The front is for an assortment of tools..
And behind the interior wall is the saw till accessed by the small tambour doors on either side of the case..
If my measuring is correct I should be able to fit 5-6 full sized saws in that till (fingers crossed).
Now back to the doors. I started this build without much in the way of cabinet building knowledge and had I known then what I know now I would have factored the doors into the main case then cut them off like a box lid. Not to be deterred by ignorance I will have to build the door frames separate and try hard to make them square to the case.
I ripped some poplar and cut the pieces to size..
Then it was on to the Moxon for some dovetails..
The plan for tomorrow is to get the tails on the other ends cut and the pins for the top and bottom pieces. The…... My first attempt at raised panels for the fronts.
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"