Aside from this being the second longest build on LJ’s next to Stef’s workbench build, I have finally started back to work on this cabinet.
We last left off with me finding out that I need to learn front from back. The rabbets cut for the back were actually done on the front of the top and bottom panels. After a year and a half of pretending the problem would fix it’s self I finally ripped the offending section off and glued up a new strip of wood. Cut a couple new dove tails and the case was whole again with a little help from my shop elf..
Next up was to make the divider panels for the drawer section…
Lined up and plowed the groove for the divider wall..
Then the second drawer shelf and drawer dividers then on to dealing with the next issue.. Getting my ‘ol Heft and Hubris to fit in a tight spot..
I cut a series of cross grained cuts and chiseled out the wasted then cleaned it up with a scraper followed by 60 grit sand paper and at the end of it all it fits again!
Now it is on to making and hanging the doors and then staring on the interior walls, tabour tracks and drawers then finally fitting in all the tools… Stay Tuned!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"