With the tools for Christmas I wanted to give him something to hold them all in. That means some sort of tool chest. I tossed around different ideas for a bit and decided on a small ATC build.
Here is more or less the inspiration piece..
I pulled out a piece of poplar and started cutting. I was able to get all 4 sides cut from one board and I have a miscut piece that I am using for the skirt and top banding.
Dovetails were cut on day one of this..
Then came the skirt..
Then I decided to dado the skirt to accept a 1/4” plywood bottom. I don’t think this would work in a larger chest but it should hold just fine for this little guy. I really have no idea as I am simply making this up as I go lol.
Then today I got out my #45 again and played around with the bead cutter. It could have come out better btu it will work. I learned a lot during the process so that is something.
Then it was time to glue up what I have so far..
Annnnd this is where we are for now..
A how about that! They all fit lol..
Next up is the lid then till and fitting in.. Stay tuned!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"