Last week was all about the leg vise and this week I focused my efforts on the wagon vise. My helper hasn’t been privy to this part mainly due to it being rather machine heavy. We still have melt downs when machines are running (to be fair so do I sometimes lol) so I was flying solo for all that follows. I hope to get him out there tomorrow for more shop time but till then this is what we have.
It started with this..
Then I went about making the wagon sled the same way I made it for my own bench ..
Then I plowed and chopped some grooves. 2 for the tool well bottom and one for the deadman. I wanted to get these out of the way before I boxed myself in.
Then I cut and color matched the two filler pieces on either end of the bench.
A quick check before gluing those on to make sure the wagon vise rail still fits.. good to go.
Now I just need to glue up those 2 pieces and start on finishing the wagon vise and the leg vise. Then it is just a matter of stretchers and some dovetails. Getting close! Stay tuned!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"