Well, now that we have legs and about 99% of the vise parts have arrived I felt the need to get started on that portion of the build this weekend.
We started out looking for a chunk of oak big enough to get a chop out of. We ended up with this one.. kinda skunky and random checks in it but there was enough good area to fit a chop out of it so it will do.
Then while he was napping I cut it out on the band saw..
Then feeling refreshed he helped clean it up a bit..
Ever the perfectionist he then had to measure everything again just to make sure we were on track..
That was the end of Saturdays adventures. Sunday was all me. He is still not a fan of machinery running so I had to work alone today.
I spent the day drilling holes in the chop and hand wheels.
This is the wagon vise set up ready for the track to be made..
Annnnd.. the chop all set up ready for a parallel guide and mounting.. I may or may not have audibly squeed when I put the wheel on and stepped back to look lol.
Next up is the wagon vise then stretchers etc.. stay tuned!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"