The latest news in this saga are some final glueups on the top and getting the legs glued up as well. I started that yesterday while my apprentice was out of the house.
Today we removed the clamps and cleaned and squared everything up.
(Mauricios old No. 6 on it’s 3rd bench build ;-) )
Now it is really starting to resemble it’s big brother..
Then we marked one end for the tenon for the end cap and chopped it out..
(Tried for an action pic of him hammering.. he loves this part lol).
Ahhh the look of satisfaction..
And with good reason. This looks pretty good.
I hope to get the other end cut tomorrow but it is the little dudes nap time now..
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"