So… the box is finished as far as the restoration is concerned. The saw still needs sharpening and the whole box needs a fine tuning. I finished the handle today and finally got it all put back together for the first time in months. This guy is ready for another 100 years of service as far as I can tell.
Here is some catch up on the handle build.
I finished up the shaping and sanded the shaped areas and the outer edge up to 400 grit.
Then I decided I wanted to add some ghost lines for the more manufactured OEM look.
So starting with 80 grit on up to 400 grit on a granite tile..
Here it is next to the original pre finish..
3 coats of 3/2/1 and a coat of wax later..
And there we have it! Another box done. I have a SW 242 on deck next but probably won’t blog it’s progress. I think 2 straight blogs on mitre boxes is enough for anyone lol. Thanks for coming along on the journey and here I leave you with some before and afters :D
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"