I am not quite as far along as I had hoped I would be by now (I really wanted this wrapped up last weekend) but more important projects were on hand last weekend that took priority ( See the finished project if you are curious )
I did however, get the holes located and drilled and am about 50% of the way with the shaping. Thanks to LJ user Summerfi for pointing me to a link on how to locate the holes in an old saw plate ( here ). I took the premise for it and modified it in a way that made a bit more sense to me.
Then drilled, chopped the squares and test fit.. like a glove!
Then today I got my weapons of torture out and proceeded with the rough shaping (With a little help from my new shop helper)
I just need to finish this up and it will be fine tuning time for the box then adventures in sharpening lol.
Thanks for sticking around!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"