We found out this week that Grandma is not going to be in town next week so we arranged for her to take the boy for the night to spend some time with him before she leaves. So with the boy not at home, beautiful weather (mid 70’s and lots of sun) and the fact that the sun is up till after 10pm nowadays it was the perfect storm to get this guy painted before the weekend.
First thing up was to tape off the parts that will be painted. I neglected to get any pics of the taped parts pre-paint (whoops) but basically the spots you want to hit are any machined surfaces, the front degree arc (and the inside track) and the machined hinge rings.
Then I brought them outside and set up my “paint booth” again.
Flip the box over allowing the fence to hang off the support board and spray the bottom side with some Duplocolor Black Semi-Gloss Engine Enamel. That stuff dries to the touch pretty quick so once you can touch it go ahead and flip it over and we start on the top side.
Like last time I started with the lighter color first (you can go darker but it is much harder to go lighter). I sprayed the back fence with Rustoleum Metallic Silver. This color is a very close match to the original paint used on the back wall.
Then it is as simple as propping a board up against the back wall and spraying the same black as the bottom. Be sure to get all the other parts too.
Remove the board and whalla! Ready for some curing time!
Annnnnnd here is where we end for today.
Slated for this weekend will be pealing the tape and cutting out the new deck board. Then possibly another week of cure time and the re-assembly.
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"