This morning I checked and the epoxy was cured so I went about cutting off the rod..
Then it was down to lapping the sole. I started with my XCourse DMT to get the rod flat to the sole..
Then I got one of my aluminum sanding bars and using spray adheisive attched some 100 grit sand paper then went to town on the sole till it was flat..
She ain’t pretty but she is smooth and flat. Then some rust preventative (love this stuff!)
And now my #19 is no longer holy :D
I do plan to keep an eye out for a replacement mouth still. This works but I would like to get one that doesn’t have a repair and get the plane back to original condition if I can.
Thanks for looking!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"