I got started attaching the base to the top last night. Only got about halfway through it because it was late and I didn’t want to rush through it and mess something up. But so far so good.
This is mostly a short picture post but you should have an idea of what is going on here..
Once more flip and rotate the top..
Then measure out the side stretcher by the leg vise for clearance of the chain bracket..
Then got everything drilled and ready for drawboring… then got to it..
And here we have it. Two front legs and a stretcher permanently attached to the bench top :D
I’m hoping to have the back legs and side stretchers installed tonight and then this bench can finally stand on it’s own 4 feet permanently. I really can’t wait to put away those plastic saw horses!
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"