Well, after the setback I spent most of this morning and a few hours after work finishing this up.
After the initial assembly there were some sticky spots that got fixed with a chisel and then there was some major sticking towards the end of the run on the end cap side of things. That took about 3 hours to get figured out. The bearing flange needs to be shimmed on one side so I need to come up with a creative tapered washer of some sort. Am kinda leaning towards a leather compression washer but we will see what works best. Right now I just have a shim under one corner holding it in position.
I was so in the zone that I didn’t take any pictures of the rebuild but it went mostly the same way as the initial build.
So… it’s not perfect or even pretty but it works and I made it lol. I still want to polish the threads and lube it up real good but here is a Mos style video of the vise in motion.
The bench is upside down but you can clearly see the plate moving.
Next up is to cut the dado on the end caps and tool well walls and back to dovetailing them together.
-- Eric - "I'm getting proficient with these hand jobbers. - BigRedKnothead"