I apologize that I haven’t updated this blog in almost a month. I got dragooned into a couple gardening/lawn maintenance projects that weren’t on MY list, but were critical nonetheless. :)
This past Friday, my son, Greg, brought the rubberized webbing and we installed it in the seat frames. The cheapest I was able to find was at upholsterysupplyonline.com for both the webbing and the clips.
We started by cutting a 1/2” by 3/16” groove in the frames an inch from the edges to receive the clips.
The webbing is inserted into a clip and then the clip is squeezed closed and put into the groove.
Then the webbing is lightly stretched to the opposite groove and cut off squarely, inserted into another clip and that is then stretched into the groove.
Then the repetition begins.
The process is the same for the strips from the adjoining sides except that you need to weave them over and under the first series of strips.
It is pretty easy, but it is boring and time consuming-it took us about 40-45 minutes per frame IIRC.
That is it for tonight. Thanks for your patience.